Why Use Zoom?
Zoom is a web conferencing tool that enables live audio, video, and presentation options with students and colleagues. It is available to all employees and students of Cambrian College and has great audio and video quality. Faculty can use Zoom to record lectures, hold virtual office hours, and hold classes or other meetings online. There is also the option of synchronizing online instructions or recording sessions or lessons that can be viewed later on, which faculty can give their students access to when they are away or need to review the lesson again. For more information, visit the Zoom website.
- Zoom FAQs For Cambrian Faculty & Staff [Google Doc]
- Student Zoom FAQs [Google Doc]
- How to Enable Automatic Live Transcriptions in Zoom [Google Doc]
- Zoom Meetings: Instructions for Faculty [Google Doc]
Accessing Zoom through the Cambrian Portal
- To activate your Zoom account, go to https://cambriancollege.zoom.us
- Click “Sign in”.
- Sign in using your Cambrian email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The password is the one used to log into your Cambrian email, college network, and VPN.
- For password troubles, contact the IT Helpdesk (705-566-8101 x 7370).
- If prompted, follow the steps to add an alternate phone number, email address, or security question to complete your account.