Tutoring and Technology Support in the Learning Centre
The Learning Centre provides no-cost Virtual Tutoring and Technology Support appointments to support students at the start of the semester, or anytime throughout the semester. The list below describes Staff Tutors and Peer Tutors and the types of supports they can provide. All services in the fall semester will be provided virtually through Zoom rather than in-person.
Quick Links for Tech Learning
The following list of Quick Links may help you get learning right away:
- myCambrian Tour – 5 Minutes
- Moodle update 2021 – Quick Tour!
- YouTube Playlist of Moodle Orientation Videos – varied length
- How to Join a Zoom Meeting – 1 minute
- 7 SuperPowers for Digital Learning at Cambrian – 8 minutes
Staff Tutors are contract faculty at Cambrian College with significant experiences in their areas of math, science, and English expertise. Staff Tutors also lead workshops on academic success strategies such as Time Management, Study Strategies, Note-Taking and more! Book a Staff Tutor for support with the following needs:
- How to Navigator and Use Technology (including Moodle, Zoom, and myCambrian)
- Study Strategies
- Foundational and Advanced Math and Science topics
- English, English as a Second Language (ESL), and Writing support
Here’s a video on how to book a Staff Tutor:
As the name suggests, Peer Tutors are Cambrian College students. Students who seek tutoring in specific programs or courses may be paired with a Peer Tutor (typically an upper semester student in our programs). If you are seeking Peer Tutoring – beginning in Week 3 of the semester, email the Learning Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm our new digital booking process.