Tutoring and Technology Support in the Learning Centre
The Learning Centre provides no-cost Tutoring and Technology Support appointments to support students at the start of the semester or anytime throughout the semester. The descriptions below outline Professional Tutors and Peer Tutors and the types of supports they can provide. In-person and virtual appointments via Zoom are available. Students do not have to choose; they can book time with Professional Tutors and Peer Tutors each week! Students can book Professional Tutors and Peer Tutors through the tutoring platform TutorOcean: https://cambriancollege.tutorocean.com Students must use their Cambrian email to access TutorOcean. If students want to book a tutoring appointment to learn how to use TutorOcean, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Links for Tech Learning
The following list of Quick Links may help you get learning right away:
- myCambrian Tour – 5 Minutes
- Moodle update 2021 – Quick Tour!
- YouTube Playlist of Moodle Orientation Videos – varied length
- How to Join a Zoom Meeting – 1 minute
- 7 SuperPowers for Digital Learning at Cambrian – 8 minutes
Professional Tutors are contract faculty at Cambrian College with significant experiences in their areas of math, science, and English expertise. Professional Tutors also lead workshops on academic success strategies such as time management, study strategies, note-taking, techniques for learning online, and more! Other faculty can book a professional tutor to come into their classroom (in-person or online) to deliver one or more of these workshops.
Book a Professional Tutor for support with the following needs:
- How to navigate and use technology (including myCambrian, Moodle, eGrades, Zoom, and TutorOcean)
- Study strategies
- Foundational and advanced math and science topics
- English, English as a Second Language (ESL), and writing support including academic integrity and APA documentation style
- Overview of the Learning Centre and its services
As the name suggests, Peer Tutors are Cambrian College students. Students who seek tutoring in specific programs or courses may be paired with a Peer Tutor (typically an upper-semester student in our programs). Students can book a tutoring appointment with any of the Learning Centre’s Peer Tutors through TutorOcean: https://cambriancollege.tutorocean.com Students must use their Cambrian email to access TutorOcean.