- This event has passed.
Respondus Lock Down Browser and Monitor Orientation
Respondus Monitor builds upon the power of LockDown Browser, and uses a student’s webcam and industry-leading video analytics to prevent academic misconduct during online exams. It’s the most cost-effective, scalable, and student-friendly system for online proctoring.
LockDown Browser: A custom browser that locks down the testing environment within online courses. Students are unable to print, copy, or access other websites and applications.
The purpose of this proctoring pilot is to explore the benefits that Respondus might provide over our current face-to-face or unproctored online exam practices. Some of the features of these products that may support our institutional academic integrity are as follows:
- Integration with our Moodle Learning Management System
- Reduction in incidences of academic misconduct
- Decrease of administrative work to confirm and approve external face-to-face exam proctors
- Convenience and flexibility for students that are truly at a distance
- Reduction in faculty member workload related to in-person exams and distance proctors
This pilot is slated to take place during the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 semesters.
If you are interested in participating in this pilot, please contact Orville Andrews in the Teaching & Learning Innovation Hub to discuss your involvement.