- This event has passed.
Part-time Faculty: Orientation Series
Welcome to Cambrian College! We are delighted to have you join our community of educators.
We invite you to join us for the part-time faculty orientation series.
New part-time faculty must register for and attend all four evening sessions:
- Monday August 20th, 6-9 pm
- Wednesday August 22nd, 6-9 pm
- Monday August 27th, 6-9 pm
- Wednesday August 29th, 6-9 pm
Where? Teaching and Learning Innovation Hub (room 1271)
This orientation is designed to give new faculty the information and professional development they need to make a smooth transition to the College environment. Additional professional development can be accessed throughout the academic year in The Hub.
Orientation will address the following topics:
- Who are our students?
- Student-centered learning environments
- Classroom management and inclusive classrooms
- Active learning strategies
- Course and lesson planning
- Orientation to Cambrian technologies and applications
- Moodle training
- 21st Century educators
- And so much more!