Memory Aid / Notecard
This accommodation is provided when a student has a limitation in their ability to retrieve information that they already learned.
Features of a memory aid:
- Provides cues/triggers to assist in recall of previously learned information, which can include: acronyms, pictures, symbols, and mnemonics
- A single sheet of paper; one-sided
- Makes sense only to the student and would not be useful to other students
A memory aid is not:
- Answers to test questions
- Course notes
- Descriptions of concepts
- A substitute for studying
- Review the content of the memory aid to ensure it does not contain answers:
- Instructors are within their right to disallow portions of or the entire memory aid should it represent a clear academic advantage.
- In-Person: Refer to Test Centre procedures for booking. Sign and date the memory aid and attach the memory aid to the test to be written.
- It is the student’s responsibility to create their memory aid and provide a copy of the memory aid to faculty at least 5 business days prior to their test date for approval.